UC Davis TAG Majors for Fall 2015
TAGs are open to all majors at UC Davis, both selective and non-selective, unless otherwise specified below or in the TAG Criteria.
New Majors and Programs Open for TAGs
- Marine and Coastal Science major (cross-college field of study available in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, College of Biological Sciences and College of Letters and Science). Students choosing this major must identify an area of focus in order to select the appropriate major/college pairing on the UC TAG Application and UC application:
- Coastal Environmental Processes: College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Marine Environmental Chemistry: College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Marine Ecology and Organismal Biology: College of Biological Sciences—applicants are subject to selective major requirements
- Oceans and the Earth System: College of Letters and Science
- Sustainable Environmental Design (College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences)
Majors and Programs Closed for TAGs
- Exercise Biology (College of Biological Sciences): major suspended, pending discontinuation. Students are encouraged to apply to Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior
- Undeclared/Exploratory (College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences)
- Undeclared—Life Sciences (College of Biological Sciences)
- Undeclared—Fine Arts, Humanities, Physical Sciences or Social Sciences (College of Letters and Science)
As you prepare to transfer to UC Davis, you are encouraged to work with your California community college counselor to carefully plan your academic program and to ensure you are well prepared for your intended major. Certain majors require completion of additional coursework with a higher GPA. These include:
as well as the following majors in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences:
and the following majors in the College of Letters and Science:
- Design in the College of Letters and Science is no longer considered a selective major; it is now available for TAG applicants as a non-selective major.
- Genetics in the College of Biological Sciences has been renamed Genetics and Genomics.
- Landscape Architecture in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences requires that students apply to a pre-major program and complete additional requirements before being admitted into the regular major. Students should submit a TAG for Pre-Landscape Architecture.
Learn more about our undergraduate majors. With more than 100 majors to choose from at UC Davis, you are sure to find one that fits your interests.